As we finally toasted to this new year, wedding season 2024 officially began. And with January, not only “winter is coming” but also the most beautiful period of the planning process. Yes, I’m talking about that wonderful time when you can sit down and draw the wedding you’ve always dreamed of.
So grab a cup of coffee, or a glass of wine, or if it’s hot enough a Limoncello Spritz ( ‘cmon I’m in Sicily! ) get cozy and start this journey through the most glamorous, fun and unexpected trends of this 2024 with me.
If you are an internet addicted you will find much more but I have chosen for you those that I think are the trends that perfectly suit a Destination Wedding in Sicily; the land where colors, flavors, music, and human affection will leave you with so vivid memories that you won’t wait to return and celebrate all the special moments of your life.
Before we get start.
I know you’re eager to find out if the ideas you have for your special day are trendy enough to make sure you get into the Olympus of brides but before we start I would like to give you some timeless tips that will surely guarantee you the top ten of the most responsible ( and some of these are also in trend ). First of all don’t forget to take care about our wonderful Planet! We only have one and is where our children will grow-up! Here is a list of few thing you can keep in mind planning your wedding:
- Try, as much as possible, to choose suppliers close to the area where the wedding will take place; this will limit the displacement and the consequent emissions of environmentally harmful gases. It will also allow you to save on travel costs, which is not so bad.
- Family members and guests often need airport transfers. Try to organize them to minimize the number of transfers. My Guest Management Service was created to help my couples and their guests to plan and schedule transfers in a simple and responsible way. Again this will help you to save some money.
- Make sure the catering company you chose prefer km zero products and, especially if yours is a small wedding, that they are able to save the leftovers for you. Food wasting is one of the thing I care about most and I’m sure same is for you.
- Another way to save money and help the planet in a green way is to send participations in digital format. I know the first instinct is to yell out a generous and overbearing NO but you might want to at least consider sending your digital invitations to relatives and friends who are far away and who you can’t hand them to.
One more timeless and important thing to focus on is your “Color Palette”. Those who know me know that there’s nothing more I care about that colors because the success of the event is determined by the way you choose colors and mix them. One of 2024 wedding trend are monochromatic weddings and I totally agree but is very important to balance the color even if you use jut one. Anyway remember: if you want a classy, romantic, luxurious princess style wedding a total white set up is the best choice, but if you’re thrilled by the idea of having a Sicily style wedding my advice is to consider a bunch of bright colors. Working as a wedding designer too, I will help you to find the right color palette, the one who fit with your wedding style and venue. Furthermore I’ll also help you balance the colors so you don’t get an eye punch effect that we all avoid like the queue on Black Friday’s.
Here we are!
Naw that you know what really metter to me ( I hope this helps us get to know each other a bit better ) here is my list of 2024 wedding trends I liked most; a few of these have already been proposed to my 2024 couples. I hope you will enjoy the journey like I enjoyed making the path and that between this suggestion you will find some great ideas for your wedding day.
Welcome to my top 10 wedding trends for 2024 season
01. Tech-savvy Wedding Planning
Among the many things that I loved and chose for you, and that define me a bit, what I actually think is another little timeless must have is the use of technology as a support tool for planning. Technology’s potential to connect us is endless, but here are some suggestions that will literally save your life.
- Create a website for your wedding: It’s now easy to create a website with a compelling design thanks to several platforms available and easy to use. Welcome your guests into a friendly and kind space sharing the most significant moments of your story, some nice pics that represent you and maybe tell some funny story about your loved ones. You can even think of having a shooting session too have some professional shots to use when building your wedding website. But having a digital sharing space like this will definitely help you to give your family and friends lots of useful information about the wedding destination you choose that will help them plan their trip with no stress:
– Information and contacts for booking flights and transfers
– Advice on accommodation and travel informations
– Advice on what to do and places to visit
Furthermore having a website allow you to manage you RSVPs online saving time and money. And if you’re brave enough you can dedicate a page to collect all the pics your guests certainly will take during the day.
- Another nice way to collect for a variety of reasons photos and videos of your wedding day is to create a custom #hastag to share with your guests; indeed, even better, to use a social media wedding conciege: a professional who will take care of the social aspect of the wedding through photos, posts, hashtags & social cotillon, creating a real direction of the event and documenting it at every stage from the choice of the wedding dress to the post-wedding events. Born in the United States as an extension of the figure of the concierge, present in luxury hotels and coined by the WHotels chain in New York a few years ago with the task of building a social structure around the event, is becoming increasingly popular in also in Italy becoming one of the most requested trends by couples. For those like you who chose to have a wedding abroad should be a great opportunity to connect to those guests who for a variety of reasons cannot attend the wedding.
- Exactly for the same reason involving relatives and friends at home with a live broadcast of the ceremony is a thought that will warm the heart to all your beloved ones. Live streaming was created as a necessity during the pandemic, but it has quickly become a way to engage those who are far away.
So, although I am a strong supporter of human relationships and I am convinced that, now more than ever, we need real contacts and not virtual relationships, that we need to live in the moment rather than just share it, I can’t help but applaud and support every tool that can help us save time, money but most of all make us closer even we’re far apart from each other.
02. Candid Cameras
Maybe you ‘re too young to remember ( not same for me ) but there was a time when disposable camera were anywhere around! Well, It seems that they have made a triumphant return to fashion becoming one of the most funniest trends for 2024 wedding receptions and after parties. More and more couples make available to their guests disposable cameras or vintage polaroids asking them to capture emotions and oddities during the event. Highly recommend if you wanna save some memorable moments of your wedding day!
03. Mini dresses and bows
2024 seems to be the year of the “mini”. Among the many things that you can “shrink” ( nobody touch the food!!! We are in Sicily, here! ) I chose the dress because it is definitely a fashion touch of great effect. My love for all styles is undeniable, whether it’s tight sheath dresses, with wide and fluffy skirts, with balloon sleeves, or ultra-fashion oversize blazers! Is the minidress not what you want for your most beautiful day ( but let me say that they’re highly recommended if you’re thinking about a beach wedding or a civil ceremony )? No panic! It’s still super-matched for rehearsal dinner or a super-trendy after-party makeover. And if you want to be surprisingly unforgettable, dare adding vintage style but certainly impressive accessories as large taffeta bows or ‘70s sunglasses.
04. Experiential entertainment
Sneak up on your guests with a live experiential entertainment will be a must in 2024 wedding season! Whether it’s live painters, caricaturists or sketchers, offering your guests the incredible opportunity to be portrayed will be something absolutely unforgettable, especially because they will receive in memory of their portrait immersed in the amazing Sicilian landscape!
But the list is not that short! From the interactive photo booth to the vintage games ( live jukebox, table football, bowling alley … ) the possibilities to surprise and entertain your guests are almost unlimited.
05. Intimate moments before the wedding
An incurable romantic like me could not miss this new trend. Wedding day is always chaotic and full of emotions. You are surrounded by many friends and family who compete to steal a few moments with future spouses and it is right to dedicate time to them provided, however, not to be reduced to our beloved.
- Intimate breakfast facing the sea
So why not start the day with a good breakfast to enjoy in the privacy of your room, maybe in the sun on a beautiful terrace overlooking the sea. It will be a way to give you some more moments of intimacy before you start preparing for the big day.
- First Look
If you’re looking for something permanent, then it’s best to rely on the expertise of a professional photographer and a well-organized wedding planner who plans a ‘first look’. The moment when we see ourselves for the first time as future spouses is perhaps the most precious and exciting. Living it as an intimate moment will allow you to respect your times, abandon yourself to emotions and why not, exchange romantic effusions away from the curious looks of customers.
06. Secret cocktails menù and late surprises
This is definitely the trend that will make you love the idea of choosing Sicily as a wedding destination! With a never-ending choice of scents and flavors to customized your drink list and its worldwide known street food, Sicily is exactly what you’re searching for to snuggle and amaze your guests.
- Scented and flavored secret signature cocktails
I always loved the idea of signature cocktails for bride and groom but keeping it secret is an incredible upgrade that brings a dash of adventure and mystery that never hurts. Hide your favorite customized drink with a note on your wedding program or with a nice drawing on the drink list to find out how curious your guests are.
- Food Tracks
This land is where street food acquires its most basic meaning. Serve it in a nice food track is an elegant added-value. From ice cream to “Granita”, from pizza to “Panelle” served with good homemade bread, you have only to choose which half-night snack is best suited to your palate.
07. Themed Rehearsal dinner
To party and have fin is a must here at Dragonfly’s so I I could not help but suggest you to have a themed rehearsal dinner maybe in a nice private space, like a villa or a Disco club to simply enjoy an authentic fun party with your besties! No ideas? Here are some of my faves: tv series or movies inspired parties, 70’s – 80’s – 90’s themed parties, D&G inspired Sicilian dinner …
08. Dessert Station
Just two words: Cannoli, Cassata. And a thousand of other creamy, jelly, almond and pistachio flavored sweets. ‘Com guys this is all too simple!
09. Over the top Guests Dress Code
From now on, don’t be shy about asking your guests a dress code for your event. Indeed, you can give them the opportunity to be creative, lively and even a little eccentric. Highly recommended for couples with a strong personality.
10. Prosecco Tower
Last but not least let’s talk about this incredible vintage touch of elegance!
High, low, yellow but even more beautiful in pink your tower of prosecco glasses will be the best way you toast to the couple of newlyweds!
And so here we are at the end of this long wish list for the new wedding season. Needless to say, I shared every single point of this inventory with my couples. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it and sharing it with you.